Get your bike Spring Summer ready with a bike service from Halfords
20% saving on premium Silver and Gold cycle services
We’re delighted to announce that Halfords are offering AXA customers 20% saving on their Gold and Silver bike services for during April & May so you can have your bike prepared for the busy spring and summer months ahead.
AXA GOLD €80:
- The Gold Bike Service should ideally be carried out every 12-18 months, depending on use. It includes all the work carried out in a Silver Service, plus additional checks listed in 'More Info'.
- The Gold Service normally costs €100 but as a special offer to AXA customers you only pay €80
AXA SILVER €48:
- Halfords trained bike mechanics can provide a comprehensive check over and component adjustment as part of a 33-point Silver Bike Service.
- The Silver Service normally costs €60 but as a special offer to AXA customers you only pay €48
- This offer must be redeemed before Friday 31st May 2019
Silver Bike Service
Halfords trained bike mechanics can provide a comprehensive check over and component adjustment as part of a 33-point Silver Bike Service.
This comprehensive cycle service will include:
- Checking frame and other core components for wear and damage
- Checking that wheels are true and hubs, spokes, rims and tyres for damage.
- Alignment of brakes and checking operation and effectiveness.
- Lubricating chain and checking for wear.
- Inspecting brake pads for wear and damage.
- Setting gear stops and adjustment of indexing.
- Checking front chainwheel, rear sprockets/cassette for wear.
- Inspecting bottom bracket for play and adjustment
- Checking alignment and wear of front and rear mechanics
- Checking bearings, crank bolts and pedals for wear and damage
- Inflating tyres to correct pressures.
- Ensuring set up and positioning of the bike is the most comfortable positioning for you.
Gold Bike Service
The Gold Bike Service should ideally be carried out every 12-18 months, depending on use. It includes all the work carried out in a Silver Service, plus:
- Frame threads checked and cleaned, frame and disc mounts faced.
- Remove and inspect wheels for damage to hubs, bearings, spokes, rims and tyres
- Remove both axles, degrease and inspect bearings
- Remove cassette and inspect freehub (if fitted) for signs of wear
- Lubricate and rebuild both wheel bearing assemblies
Chains and Gears: Inspect bottom brackets; if loose type strip clean, lube and adjust/if sealed and play is present replace
Forks: Headset removed, cleaned, re-greased if applicable, refitted and checked for movement
Halfords Store Locations
Unit 402 Retail Park 1, Blanchardstown Town Centre, Coolmine, Blanchardstown
Carlow Retail Park, Barret Street, Carlow, Co. Carlow.
Unit 2, The Park, Carrickmines, Dublin 18.
Unit G, Castlebar Retail Park, Breaffy Road., Castlebar, Co. Mayo
Telephone: 049 4327220
Dublin Road, Cavan, Co. Cavan
Telephone: 049 4327220
Unit 7 Coolock Retail Park, Malahide Road, Coolock, Dublin 5.
Unit 8, Mahon Retail Park, Mahon Link Road, Cork, Co. Cork.
Drogheda Retail Park, Donore Road, Rathmullen, Drogheda, Co. Meath.
Unit 11, Dundalk Retail Park, Inner Relief Road, Dundalk, Co. Louth.
Galway Retail Park, Headford Road, Galway, Co.Galway
Telephone: 091 565 590 The store opens on Friday 10th December
Unit 4, Kilkenny Retail Park, Springhill, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny.
Letterkenny Forte Retail Park, Canal Road, Letterkenny. Co. Donegal.
Unit 12 Liffey Valley Retail Park, Fonthill Road. Clondalkin, Dublin 22.
Unit 3, City East Retail Park, Tipperary Road, Limerick, Co. Limerick.
Unit 11, Longford N4 Axis Centre, Red Cow Roundabout, Longford
Telephone: 043 36130
Unit B2, Newhall Retail Park, Jigginstown, Naas, Co. Kildare.
Unit 5, Navan Retail Park, Athboy Road, Navan, Co. Meath
Telephone: 046 9076616
Unit 17, Portlaoise Retail Park, Timahoe Rd, Portlaoise, Co Laoise
Telephone: 057 868845
Unit 9 Sligo Retail Park, Dublin Road, Carrowroe, Sligo, Co. Sligo.
Unit 13 Airside Business Pk Swords Co. Dublin
Telephone: 01 8956798
Unit 6 Belgard Retail Park, Belgard Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
Unit 13, Manor West Retail Park, Manor West, Tralee, Co. Kerry.
Unit 5, Butlerstown Retail Park, Butlerstown Roundabout, Outer Ring Road, Waterford
Telephone: 051 599100
Unit 3, Wexford Retail Park, New Line Road, Wexford, Co. Wexford.
Terms and Conditions
- The bearer of the voucher will only be entitled to claim 20% off a Gold or Silver Bike Service in-store at Halfords
- This offer is available to AXA Insurance Republic of Ireland customers only
- Customer must present voucher along with their AXA Plus loyalty card to redeem the offer.
- One redemption per customer and can only be redeemed once
- Voucher must be redeemed by 31st May 2019
- The bike service must be completed and paid for by 31st May 2019
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with colleague discount ,other offer , voucher or account card offer
- AXA Plus 10% saving cannot be used on the discounted service price but can be used against any parts that maybe be required.
- Available in all Halfords retail stores in the Republic of Ireland only
- Subject to booking availability at each Halfords store
- Any parts required will be chargeable
- You must contact your preferred branch to arrange a booking. Upon booking you will asked to provide your name, address and telephone number
- There is no cash alternative for this offer
- Discount not available on any other service
How to Redeem this offer:
- You must contact your preferred Halfords branch to arrange a date for your bike service and provide your name, address and telephone number – Click on the locations tab above to find a Halfords branch near you
- Print off the voucher below and present it along with your AXA Plus loyalty card when you bring your bike into your selected store on the agreed service date
Your AXA Plus Loyalty Card 10% discount cannot be used on the discounted service price but it can be used against any parts that maybe be required