Free puncture repair for AXA customers at Firststop & Fastfit
Exclusive to AXA Insurance, Firststop & Fastfit are offering free puncture repair with wheel balancing on cars, car-vans or SUVs for AXA customers who hold a current AXA Insurance motor policy.
€25 off a set of 4 new tyres and €5 off any 1 new tyre
All tyres stocked by Firststop & Fastfit conform to EU standards, and they make sure that they provide exactly the correct tyre for your car.
Important Information on Puncture Repairs for Cars
Has a garage ever refused to repair your punctured tyre?
If the answer to this is yes please read on as there may be a very good safety reason for this.
From time to time we get this question from customers after their garage has refused to repair their punctured tyre. Sometimes they feel the garage is only trying to sell them a new tyre because their existing tyre would appear to be fine. Like them you may want to know if there is any: Best Practice, Government Legislation or guidelines on puncture repair like the EU legislation for New Tyres.
The short answer is No, but leading tyre repair centres/garages adhere to the British Safety Standards BSAU159 in the absence of a set standard in ROI.
BSAU159 sets out the rules for repairs to car tyres. Your tyres are the only part of your vehicle to touch the road and are key to ensuring the safety of your car. Some of the key points in the British Safety Standards BSAU159 are as follows:
BSAU159 regulates that
- Tyres can only be repaired in the area marked 'T'
- For tyres rated 'V' and above, only one repair is allowed *
* V is the speed symbol denoting a fixed maximum speed capability of tyres (149 mph/240 km/h)
In the interest of your safety, the person repairing your tyre will carry out the following checklist and if your tyre displays any of the following they will not be able to repair it and advise you to purchase a new one:
- Internal damage
- Thread Depth must be greater than 1.6mm
- Run flat damage - breakdown of the tyre's structural integrity
- Exposed cords
- Bead / Liner Damage
- Ageing/deterioration of tyre rubber
- Faulty/poor previous repairs
- Secondary damage - caused by the injuring
- Object Sidewall damage
- Type of construction
As an AXA customer we want to make sure that when you have a puncture that your tyre is repaired correctly should you suffer the misfortune of a puncture whilst driving. Your safety and your passengers’ safety are very important to us and that is why we have chosen First Stop / Fast Fit as our partner for puncture repairs. First Stop / Fast Fit strictly adhere to the British Safety Standards BSAU159 when repairing punctures.
If you do get a puncture and you cannot go to a First Stop / Fast Fit centre please ask the person repairing your tyre if they adhere to British Safety Standards BSAU159 when repairing punctures.
Remember: A punctured tyre that has not been repaired correctly could cause a very serious accident, for instance a tyre blow out. The results of this could be life changing in which you, a loved one, another road user could be seriously injured or even killed.
So take the upmost care when you repair
Athlone: Kenna Complex, Old Dublin Road, Athlone, Co Westmeath.
Ballyfermot: Esso Sevice Station, Ballyfermot Road, Dublin 10.
Bray: Castle Street, Bray, Co Wicklow
Clanbrassil Street: 8 Malpas Street, Dublin 8
Telephone: 01 4543288
Clarehall: Malahide Road, Dublin 17. (Beside Clarehall Shopping Centre)
Coolmine: Unit 8, coolmine Ind Estate, Clonsilla, Dublin 15
Coolock: Greencastle Parade, Coolock, Dublin 17.
Cork: Dean Rock Business Park, Toger, Co Cork.
Crumlin: Old County Road, Crumlin, Dublin 12.
Donnybrook: Everready Centre (opp. Rugby Stadium), Donnybrook Road, Dublin 4.
Drogheda: Drogheda Retail Park, Donore Rd, Drogheda, Co Louth
Telephone: 041 9742000
Dun Laoghaire: 9/10 Lower Georges Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin.
Dundalk: Coes Road, Dundalk, Co Louth.
Galway: Addley Park, Liosban Industrial Estate, Tuam Road, Galway.
Lombard Street: 18 Lombard Street,Westland Row, Dublin 2
Naas Road: Naas Road, Kileen Road, Dublin 12
Omni: Omni Pak, Santry, Dublin 9.
Santry: Coolock Lane, Santry, Dublin 9
Tallaght: The Square, Blessington Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24
Taney Road: Taney Road, Goatstown, Dublin 14.
Waterford: Tramore Road, Co Waterford.
Wexford: New Road, Redmond Road, Co Wexford.
Terms and Conditions
- The saving is only available in participating First Stop/Fast Fit branches (see Locations tab above)
- The free puncture repair is limited to one puncture repair per visit
- Customers must have a current AXA Insurance policy and show your AXA Plus card or your current AXA Insurance windscreen disc at the time of visit.
- This offer is only available to car, car-van or SUV and does not apply to commercial vehicles
- Free wheel balancing only applies to puncture repairs
- Fast Fit staff have the right to refuse a puncture repair if in their opinion the tyre is unsuitable for road use
- Fast Fit staff have the right to refuse a free puncture repair or free wheel balancing if they deem abuse of the offer is taking place
- The free puncture repair does not apply to the Fast Fit mobile service
- Cash will not be given in lieu
- The offer is non-transferable
- Offer expires on the 31/12/16
- This offer is available to AXA Insurance Republic of Ireland customers only
How to Redeem this offer:
To avail of this offer, all you have to do is call into your local participating First Stop/Fast Fit branch (see Locations tab above). Show your AXA Plus card or the current AXA windscreen insurance disc displayed on your car.